Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Success at last!

Not once, but twice I have had success baking! I few days back I made a carrot cake from a Namaste spice cake mix. There are several variations listed on the package besides carrot, but carrot cake is among my faves, so I did that one. Then I made some cream cheese frosting to go on it.

The package makes a 13X9 or two 9" layers. I made in in a 13X9 and cut it in half, packaged and froze one half. The other half I cut in half again and made a layer cake out of it slathered with the frosting. I've been sharing with my spouse & it has been yummy!!!

Last night I made Pumpkin nut muffins again. The first batch I'd made form the recipe was way back in October, and they tasted wonderful, but got more moist as they aged. This batch I made using fresh pumpkin left over (frozen) from Thanksgiving. Because it's more liquid than canned pumpkin, I decided to add extra flour. I used the recipe in Gluten Free Every Day Cookbook: More than 100 Easy and Delicious Recipes from the Gluten-Free Chef by Robert Landolphi, but added 1/4cup flaxseed meal for extra fiber and 1/23 cup more of the Sorghum flour to take up the liquid. They came out wonderful, but a hair dry. So I guess I should have put only 1/4cup extra flour. We'll see how they hold up after freezing!

No comments: