Followers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Beginning - July, 16, 2008

My first post, ever... anywhere! My son said I should blog my travels and so I decided it was a good idea.

In May of this year, my husband and I traveled from our home in IL to visit my sons. Jeff lives in Carmichael, CA, and Kurt lives in Tacoma,WA; so we chose to take a month-long drive to see them and some of the more interesting sites along the way.

My husband is a true train nut; so some of our stops had to include rail museums, and rides. But both of us are interested in history - and specifically the time surrounding the American Civil War. We are reenactors, and I am a self employed seamstress making reproduction clothing for women and children; so you will find, as I go along, stuff that has to do with that era in history.

But let's start with The Trip! While on the road, I journaled on my laptop, so I have tons of words I can simply drop into this space. I also have all of the photos (including some video) that I took, plus everything my son Jeff took while we were together.
One of the main reasons for taking the trip this particular spring, was that Jeff's stepdaughter, Jamie, had a baby last fall, and I figured that at 7 months, she'd be fun! And she is!

We spent 8 days with Jeff & Tia, and 8 with Kurt & Boe. I will post the trip Journal and a picture of Zoey when I start up the Laptop.

No comments: