Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

I keep trying to like eggplant! Last night I made eggplant stuffed with rice. The recipe called for a wild rice/white rice blend so I used a Near East pilaf mix without the seasoning packet. My eggplant recipe only used 1 cup of the rice, so I added 2/3 of the seasoning mix to the cooked rice after I'd taken out the cup I needed for my recipe & put it away for another meal. Or I can make a salad of it.

The eggplant dish had me blanch the shells after cutting out the flesh. The flesh then got cubed & sauteed in olive oil with onion, garlic, red bell pepper and oregano. Then stuffed back into the shells & baked covered for 20 minutes. Sprinkled with parmesan & broiled for 3 or 4 minutes. It was ok I guess. I ate one, Vince ate on and I provided a hunk of protien on the side for him.

Poor Vince has been a trooper while I experiment with unusual food.

No comments: